Granite is often used to make countertops for use in kitchens and bathrooms. It was created by nature and fashioned by man into a beautiful, cost effective and durable product that adds value to a home, often in the form of granite countertop installation.
Chicago has long held true to its values of providing only the highest quality products for its citizens. This continues today with contractors sometimes importing granite from nations such as Africa, Brazil and nations of Europe. The world is rich in this natural stone, and granite is attractive and comes in unlimited grains and colors to add warmth to any home.
Adding strength and durability with a material that will never blister or crack, and is resistant to scratches is all about granite. Chicago residents appreciate the benefits that come granite countertop installation, and understand that it is only rivaled by the hardness of diamonds. With this type of strength, you can depend on the fact that it is popular with homeowners everywhere. The reason is that there are many advantages to using this most notable material.
While you may think twice about using this material when you are redoing a kitchen because it is a bit pricier than some other options, but you should take the time to consider all the advantages that makes granite an excellent choice.
One of the most significant advantages of granite countertops Chicago is the wide variety of patterns that can be found. Since granite is naturally occurring, you will not have to wonder if your neighbor will have the exact same pattern that you choose. Some patterns have different colors and even at times embedded crystal can be found to enhance the décor of your home.
Longevity of Granite Countertops
By adding granite to your kitchen countertops, you will be adding years of performance to your home in terms of workspace. This alone is enough to add value to the home itself. You will not have to worry about having to replace the granite every so often to make sure that it continues to look good and hold up to the abuses that many home chefs can put it through.
Maintenance and Easy Cleaning
Simple use of warm water and ordinary dish liquid is all that it takes to maintain your granite countertops. Of course, if you prefer, you can always purchase special cleaning solutions that are created especially for stone. If after some time in use you feel that you need to have your granite surface resealed, that is not difficult to do. Just return to the place you purchased it and ask to have a professional come by for this simple technique.
Much has been said about the value of granite, and that is certainly true when you add this beautiful material to your home. You can expects that it will increase the value of your property in terms or the amount of space that has been covered, and that is good news regardless if you choose to stay in that home for a lifetime or are considering selling it in time.
For renovated or new homes alike, granite has grown in popularity more and more. There are many reasons for this due to the many benefits of of granites use as a kitchen counter top material. The entire list would be too long for this article, so we’ve compiled the top benefits listed below.
- The natural beauty of a granite counter top. Vast arrays of shades, colors, and textures are available. Colors to compliment any decor can be found weather its a neutral color or something bright, your personal tastes can always be satisfied. One note here, if your counter top will need more than one slab to complete, make sure they come from the same mine batch or color shades could be objectionably different between slabs.
- The durability of kitchen granite counter tops. Granite is one of the most durable materials available. Unlike Formica, it isn’t subject to burning by hot pots or pans being cooked with. Granite is resistant to staining and discoloring when properly sealed on a regular basis. Sealing is easily done by anyone, and a properly sealed granite counter top will maintain a beautiful shiny luster for a lifetime.
- Every slab of granite will have different feature from the next. Patterns, color textures, distribution and depth can all vary from slab to slab, providing different character. Any type of cabinet hardware fixtures can be complemented as well as cabinet finish or flooring. A richness is added to your kitchen, one that simple cannot be duplicated with other materials.
- Although granite will add some expense to your kitchen remodel project, there are few better investments in your homes value. Using granite for your kitchen granite counter top will increase your home value, whether you’re planning on selling your home soon or not. Home shoppers are more inclined towards a recently remodeled kitchen void of repair needs. They’re more likely to pay more for the home, or go from feeling indifferent to preferred.
- Builders and contractors have noticed an increase in demand for granite counter tops over the recent decade or so, and it’s no wonder with all the benefits of granite. Weather using granite to enjoy the luxury yourself, or looking to sell your home, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Consider the decor of your home while choosing the pattern and color of granite to be used. Will you be changing the decor or do you have something new in store. Neutral colors are more flexible with any decor changes due in the future.
- Always make sure you are the one who chooses the actual granite slab to be used in your kitchen counter top. Since every slab is different, sample chips wont match exactly what’s available. If your counter top is big enough to require more than one granite slab, make sure the slabs are from the same quarry batch. Different granite quarry batches will vary in hue for the same granite type. It would be a disaster if slabs from different batches were used.
- Never try to recycle fixtures such as the faucet or sink. With granite applications, an under mount sink looks best – mounted on the underside of the granite, with a silicon sealant preventing leaks. An under mount sink can not be installed or replaced after the granite is in place. So purchase the best quality sink you can afford.
With these few points in mind, you’re ready to go and have your kitchen counter top transformed with gorgeous granite. Don’t be alarmed when friends and neighbors see it for the first time and gasp at the transformation.